Michael Jackson Crazy Ebay Auctions: People Cash In On Their Death Masks, Pain Meds, Energy Drinks, Glitter Gloves and Other King of Pop Paraphernalia
The King of pop is dead. Long live the King. And his crazy Ebay auctions. The body isn't even cold and already people are looking to cash in. Anyone who ever owned anything remotely Michael Jackson-related seems to have put it up for auction in the past few days. Here are a few of the wackiest of Wacko things.
1. MICHAEL JACKSON PAIN MEDICATION - $100,000
Authentic? Who's to say. "Prescription bottle once belonging to the king of pop...He was prescribed this for pain. Your chance to own a truly rare piece of history." Is that Darvocet?
2. MICHAEL JACKSON PLASTER FACE MASK (a.k.a. DEATH MASK) -- $2,999
Says the seller: "I am selling a unique face cast of Michael. Just looks bizarre in my home now, after his death. It was made of Michael's face during the time he was shooting one of his videos back in the 80's."
Creepy. And the mask is scary, too.
3. MICHAEL JACKSON DOLL WITH OUTFITS -- $400
Says the seller: "I cannot believe today we have lost the king of pop...This is my personal doll from my childhood. I remember the day my grandpa took me to the best store in Oceanside California to purchase this doll. I can't believe I am selling it, but I desperately in need of the money, and I bet I will regret this one day."
4. BEAT IT TOUR TEE SHIRT FROM 1984, SIZE SMALL -- $380
This person is pretty much an idiot for pricing the shirt at over three hundred bucks. A rival seller is already selling the exact same shirt for $9.99 to one bidder.
5. MOONWALKER ARCADE GAME -- $1,500
Says the seller: "I LOVE this arcade machine because I grew up playing Moonwalker in the arcades with my closest friends plus I love Michael's music so very much... but I am willing to give up an important thing from my PAST to help pay for my FUTURE... a diamond engagement ring."
6. MICHAEL JACKSON ENERGY DRINK - $50,000
He didn't drink from it. He didn't sign it. He didn't even touch it.
For fifty grand, you get, per the seller's description: "Original Official Michael Jackson Product, New sealed never open Energy Drink from year 1998 bought in Germany in 1998. I bought this energy drink in Germany and I have saved this to this day...I belive this is the only one in the world and for collectors of Michael Jackson products this is invaluable."
7. MICHAEL JACKSON SIGNED CONTRACT FROM LAST EVER LIVE SHOW -- $150,000
Supposedly the original seven page-long contract between MJ and David Gest for Jackson's last live show.
8. DAILY NEWSPAPER FRONT COVER -- $10,000
Did the LA Times put this listing up themselves? Heads up: copies of La Opinion are going for $299, the Press Telegram for $199, and, the best deal of all, eight copies of the New York Times for 99-cents.
9. "INMEMORYOFMICHAELSMUSIC.COM" DOMAIN NAME -- $10,000,000
I don't know what to say about this one except if you buy it for ten million dollars, then I have swampland in Florida I'd like to sell you.
10. GLITTER GLOVE -- $42
He never wore it. Never touched it. It just looks like one he wore. Says the seller: "As you can see it is still in Good Shape especially considering the age. I purchased this back in 1984. The nice ones like this were very hard to find."
She/he must be right, because as of this writing, 16 people are bidding.
Get the Theater
Your weekly guide to local culture with calendar listings and theater, dance, and comedy reviews.
More ARTS News
- Can't Afford Arts in L.A.? Here's Our Guide to Cheap Tickets, Perks and Parties
- Goodbye to Hal's, Venice's Legendary Artist Hangout on Abbot Kinney (VIDEO)
- Tabitha Soren of MTV News Is Now an Artist — and She's Been Photographing Baseball Players
- This Improvised Opera About the Homeless Is Surprisingly Good