Urban Myths of 420 Origins
By Michael Goldstein
Black Lungs in Los Angeles
By Dennis Romero
Dino Zaffina FAIL
By Sarah Fenske
Democratic Schism Over Awful Schools
By Matthew Mullins
By Patrick Range McDonald
L.A.'s Political Scene
By LA Weekly
Los Angeles Crime Blotter
L.A. River Surfer Spotted
By Simone Wilson
And for always, maybe
1. Thora Birch.
2. Bread. The food item, though David Gates is fine.
3. 1985 Toyota Camry.
4. Cliff Martinez — makes film-soundtrack music (Traffic) so good you don’t remember hearing any.
5. Roland V-Drums w/ headphones. Lash out at life without antagonizing your cats.
7. Paella w/ seafood, must have fresh batch of rice.
8. Extremely low audio frequencies.
10. Fela Kuti reissues.
11. Mellotrons and all artificial ways of music.
12. That weirdo Bob Dylan.
13. Legendary Pink Dots.
14. Freddy Fender.
15. Spaghetti w/ shiitake.
16. Bianca Halstead is in heaven now.
17. All of the above being musical, somehow.
18. Björk’s face.
20. Burmese music.
Find everything you're looking for in your city
Find the best happy hour deals in your city
Get today's exclusive deals at savings of anywhere from 50-90%
Check out the hottest list of places and things to do around your city